Following an appeal by Frontier Estates Ltd to the refusal of the first planning application for a 66 bedroom care home on the Poultry Farm site in Yapton Road by Arun District Council, the Planning Inspectorate have now allowed the appeal and planning permission has been granted.
The Inspector has stated that,
- The proposed development would not result in harm to the character and appearance of the area with particular respect to trees.
- Design of the building is acceptable.
- TPO trees should not be damaged or destroyed as a result of the proposed development
- No increase to flood risk
- Adequate on-site parking – no severe impact on the road network nor an unacceptable effect on the living conditions of nearby occupiers.
- The provision of the care home would bring substantial benefits – proposed development would provide an important contribution to this essential housing need for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
- Proposed development would result in the redevelopment of an under-utilised piece of land which is close to an existing settlement
This site now has three approved planning applications, one for the development of 13 houses and two versions of the care home and we now wait to see which option Frontier Estates will proceed with, it is anticipated that it will be one of the two care home options.